Safe Days Calculator
Do you know the science and mechanism of those 28 days? Calculate the easiest specified fertile days to get pregnant and plan safe with Safe Days Calculator. The objective of this calculator is to avoid unwanted pregnancy without any chemical or drugs involvement.
Pregnancy is an endowment for a woman. It is an accomplishment that every woman fantasies. But getting Pregnant on the right phase or right time of your life is very important. Family planning accompanies a lot of responsibilities so rightfully know your fertile days for safe intercourse. The chemistry and mechanism of your menstrual cycle is nothing onerous. With foolproof accuracy, you can easily find out days with higher pregnancy chances and those which are infertile. Know your safe period and lay-off all worries.
What is Safe Period?
Safe Period/days denotes to the time when a woman has minimal chances of getting pregnant. It is also known as unfertile period/days. In such period, there is no egg in a woman’s body. So, if you will have intercourse with your partner in such days then there are no chances of getting pregnant as there would be no egg to get fertilized by the sperm.
How to Calculate Safe Period?
For calculating safe days for not getting pregnant, you need to understand each phase of the menstrual cycle. Phase of the menstrual cycle First-thing-first, remember the first day of your menstrual flow is the first day of a specific menstrual cycle. And all calculations of safe days to avoid pregnancy is based on it. Ovulation is the root and cause of pregnancy. The distinctively menstrual cycle can be subdivided into three potent phases which are Pre-Ovulation, Ovulation and Post-ovulation phases. Please note that the length of each phase varies for each woman. However, a normal period cycle is believed to be of 28 days.
1) Proliferative or Follicular Phase – After the menstrual flow is over the body prepares for releasing Ovum or egg. This is a pre-ovulation phase. FSH or Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Estradiol or estrogen hormone secretion takes up the role of such activity. This phase as well as sex during period is safe in most of the cases. 2) Ovulation – In this phase, ovarian follicle or the cell carrying Ovum or egg ruptures and produces ovum. 2 to 3 days before and after Ovulation is ovulation phase. A higher chance of pregnancy is there in this phase so for safe sex use condoms or contraceptives.
3) Secretory or Luteal Phase – This phase ends up a specific menstrual cycle. These are safe days for sex as the ovum gets degraded and is in non-active mode. Corpus luteum being a hormone-releasing endocrine structure develops in the ovary after ovum discharged and starts the beginning of this phase. It secrets estrogen and progestogen that maintains the uterine endometrium inner membrane.
A woman ovulates only once in each menstrual cycle. Ovulation usually occurs in most of the women about two weeks before their monthly period (mid cycle) that is 14 th Day (in case of a woman having 28-day cycle). Two days before ovulation and two days after ovulation is the best possible time for you to conceive because ovum survives for 48 hours i.e. 2 days and sperms survive for 72 hours i.e. 3 days.
Method to calculate Safe Period
For calculating your safe days, you need to know when you ovulate. The necessity of ovulation calculator is to get specific and detailed fertile days based on the length of the cycle. It is a best friend to women folk to know how to avoid pregnancy and live life in their own planned way.
So, here is the simple method to calculate your Ovulation days to know fertile window and safe days based on days of the menstrual cycle.
1) For the standard menstrual cycle of 28 days – In this case, Ovulation will occur on the 14 th day. So, the fertile window day’s ranges are – Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. If you are planning for a baby then sexual intercourse during these days with your partner is highly advisable. Fertile window ensures higher chances to get pregnant. Except the fertile window range, all other days would be safe period/days.
2) For irregular Menstrual cycle – The easiest method to track Ovulation for the irregular cycle is easy too. Just subtract 14 from the tenure of your last month cycle. So, the bottom line is last 14 days will ever be fixed post- ovulation hence initial days for a prolonged cycle is not fixed. E.g. with case study - 32 days cycle – 14 days = 18. So, the 18 th day is the Ovulation day. So, Fertile Window for this case is Day 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. Except the fertile window range, all other days would be safe period/days. This is how you can calculate safe days.
If you are still not sure about the best time for getting pregnant then use Budding Star’s Ovulation Calculator to know your fertile days and exact day of Ovulation. It is easy to use. Just enter the first day of the last menstrual cycle and also put the length or tenure of the last cycle. This will show you detail of your fertile phase and ovulation days. 3) If still, you are unable to calculate fertile window check on other signs and symptoms
- Breast pain or tenderness or soreness for changes in hormonal secretion.
- The vaginal discharge or the white cervical mucus becomes thin and transparent.
- Cramp or aching pain in pelvic or vaginal part.
- For lowing in estrogen hormones sometimes light spotting is found.
- As ovulation has a natural tendency for evolution so during this time you feel sexually aroused, pregnant sex is ideal in this time.
- Lie resting on the back after doing intercourse.
- Let sperm and semen get fully disposed inside the reproductive tract or vagina.
- Place a pillow under thighs and rest for at least an hour.
- Avoid washing or going to the washroom for urinating for an hour.
- Relax and do not stress.
How would you rate this calculator ?
You might be interested in reading: